Currency: Russian rouble
Time zone: UTC +03:00 (Moscow)
Main language of study: Russian (free and paid programs)
Second language of study: English (only paid programs)
Structure of education system: pre-school education, elementary, main and secondary (schools), vocational secondary education (vocational schools, colleges, lyceums), higher professional (academies, institutes, universities), postgraduate
The most popular cities among entrants are: Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kazan, Vladivostok, Novosibirsk, Irkutsk
Educational institutions in Russia are in considerable demand among Russian-speaking youth and not only. On the one hand there is such an interest because of historically developed tradition to look for scholarly knowledge in Moscow or Saint Petersburg, and on the other hand there is quite a high level of education and progressive approach to organization of educational process.
Free education for Indians
Russian Federation annually provides about 15 thousand state-funded places for Indian citizens from other countries so that they have an opportunity to get higher education. Indian entrants are selected based on results of the competition. Besides, Indians accepted on a free basis have the right to get monthly scholarship and place in a dormitory on the same terms as Russian citizens.
If an Indian expresses his/her desire to get higher education in Russia for free, he/she has to pass two rounds of competition. The first round defines best representatives from a country sending its citizens to study in Russian universities. This process involves Rossotrudnichestvo (Federal Agency for CIS Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad and International Humanitarian Cooperation), representatives of embassies, nonprofit organizations, education authorities of a sending country.
Lists of Indians recommended for studying in Russian Federation are formed and necessary documents are prepared based on the results obtained. In this case Indian candidates for studying have the right to choose the desired university on their own, but no more than six ones that meet their specialization out of the whole list.
The second round of competition falls on the shoulders of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and representatives of the best higher education institutions of Russia.
Advantages of education in Russia
- fundamental character of higher education in most specializations, especially natural sciences (physics, mathematics, chemistry, medicine, geology, engineering);
- entrance, studying and accommodation for Indians are on an equality with Russian students;
- affordable cost of education for Indians;
- good living conditions and acceptable level of expenses that depends on the city you study in;
- opportunity to improve the level of Russian and learn professional terminology while attending preparatory courses, which can also be free (based on awarded scholarship);
- availability of English education programs for Indians;
- huge selection of universities and specializations;
- availability of paid and free places for getting education in all specializations;
- availability of privileges for Indian students in the form of a reduced cost for exhibitions, concerts, libraries, travelling etc;
- active sports life, including availability of university sports teams.
And this is not the full list of advantages that can be offered to young Indian people who chose to study in Russia.comments powered by HyperComments